- Turn the bread out of the rising bowl and cut it into two pieces. A bench knife does a great job for this. You can make two round loaves or put the dough into two greased loaf pans (this is what I did).
- Allow the bread to rise for about 45 more minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 375.
- Bake at 375 for about 35 - 40 minutes.
I love this Hensperger cookbook. My copy is literally falling apart at the seams as you can see below, but I continue to use it over and over.
I made homemade pimento cheese and had a pimento cheese sandwich for supper on this delicious bread.
If you are interested, I use my mother's method to make pimento cheese -
- You grate a lot of cheese (this was about 3/4 pound). I used my food processor with the grating wheel to grate the cheese. I use good cheese: Cabot sharp cheddar which was on sale this week at Whole Foods
- I bought a jar of roasted peppers and chopped them into smaller pieces - you can see the jar in the back left of the picture.
- I poured the cut pimentos and the juice from their jar into the cheese.
- Then I grind pepper over the mix until it looks right (probably about 1/8 tsp).
- I shake a little salt,
- Worcestershire sauce - about 1/4 tsp, if that
- a few drops of Tabasco,
- a pinch of sugar and
- just enough mayonnaise to make it spreadable....